Thanks for all your emails, I always try to answer you all and when you send me culinary proposals I try to try them, that's why today I put myself with this typical recipe from Alicante who sent us Lucia Soler living in Alcoy. She follows us since she has the Thermomix® and has passed this recipe that has always been done manually to our machine to make it more convenient to prepare.
“It is an almond cake that is very typical in this area, here we call it TORTÀ, before I made it manual but since I have the Thermomix® I do it with the machine. It is very simple to prepare and is always a success since it is not very sweet. ”
The pint is delicious and don't be scared because it doesn't contain yeasts or soda.It is a cake very similar to the Santiago's cake, it only takes more eggs and a little flour or cornstarch and is flavored with cinnamon. The mounted whites are going to give you an impressive fluffiness and as always it is recommended to mix everything it will be to use rods. What does it look like ... I assure you it is addictive ... wonderful recipe. : D
Many thanks to Lucia for this wonderful recipe, it is a pleasure to have cooked it and thus be able to share it with more people.
- 9 medium eggs (separate egg whites)
- 250 g of white sugar -weigh and reserve-
- 250-300 g ground raw almond
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour or cornstarch * (for gluten-free diets)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pork butter to grease the mold or olive oil
- 26cm diameter mold
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC with heat up and down .
- Mix the ground almonds, flour or cornstarch and cinnamon in a bowl. Reservation.
- Place the butterfly in the glass and pour the egg whites with a couple of drops of vinegar and ride 6 minutes in speed 3½.
- Weigh the sugar in a bowl placed on the lid and reserve. Without stopping the machine and with the whites mounted on the glass, program speed 3 and a half and slowly pour the sugar, it will take more or less 1 minute in 3½ speed.
- We incorporate the yolks and mix 15 seconds speed 4.
- Remove the butterfly and pour half of the mixture on the bowl with the mixture of almond, flour and cinnamon that we had reserved with a rod to mount, when integrated pour the rest of the egg whites and finish wrapping carefully.
- Spread the mold with lard or oil and pour the cake mixture. Bake at 180 ° C for 40-50 minutes. Leave a few more minutes in the oven off, remove, let cool and unmold.
- Before serving sprinkle with icing sugar, you can also cover it with chocolate, fill ... to your liking. Ready
Make it gluten free: use the scoop of cornstarch instead of wheat to make it a gluten-free cake.
Fill to taste and use the coverage that you like more.
Flavor it with lemon zest that goes of death with the almond: D
It’s a cake of the lifelong ones, Patri tells us in the comments that formerly they baked it on special occasions such as saints, birthdays, communions, baptisms ... They adorned it with yolk, meringue or chocolate filling. Go for it.