Cook dry pasta In our kitchen robot it is simple, but surely many do not dare and see more clearly when doing it in a pan full of water. Today we are going to take advantage of the Thermomix and we will learn certain basic tricks that you should know to preserve the pasta after cooking and / or flavor it. How do we know how they are made? fresh pasta and that have a shorter cooking time, today we will only talk about the first ones.
Pasta They are carbohydrates, that is, they are foods that provide energy to our body becoming sugars and are essential for our brain and our nervous system. In fact, if we had a nutritional pyramid in front of us, we would see that it is a staple food, of those of consumption up to 3 times per week. It is false that the fattening paste, what fattens are the sauces that we add or the excess amount of food. The pasta is carbohydrates They are stored in the form of glycogen in the liver, but if it has full reserves, it becomes transformed into accumulated fat in the body as with other foods.
How many calories does the pasta provide? Well, for you to get an idea, each 100gr of pasta is about 370Kcal and the type of absorption depends on the level of cooking, and that is what the Italians who always leave the pasta al dente know so that this is a Slowly absorbed carbohydrate and therefore does not increase the glycemic index much (amount of blood sugar on which diabetic people depend so much) ... but if you want to know more about this do not miss this post Cristina Galiano: Does the pasta always fat the same?
How to cook dry pasta in Thermomix
1800gr of water
1 teaspoon salt
500 gr of long or short pasta
A dash of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
1.- The first thing you have to put in the glass is the water with nothing else, since if we put the salt what we will do is that this afternoon more in boil or 100ºC. We program 10-12minutes, 100º, speed 1. If we see that it arrives before boiling it will not be necessary to complete the time.
2.- Once we have the water at 100ºC, we pour the salt, we can take a jet of oil but it is optional and by the mouth we add the pasta. If it is long spaghetti we help to put them inside the glass and place the beaker. We will have to program the cooking time indicated on the package, 100 ° C, left turn and spoon speed.
3.-Once cooked, it is time to drain. For this you can use depending on the amount of pasta you have cooked, the basket -head less- or the base of the varoma that is wider and you do not have to make bobbin lace so that the pasta falls all inside: D. Serve or mix immediately with the sauce and eat.
- If you want to make half pasta because you are two at home, you only have to divide the quantities in half (the water should be left as is, but if you do not want to put so much you could reduce it to half *, half of pasta and salt will depend on if you reduce the amount of water) and cook the same times , that is, wait for the water to boil before adding your spaghetti and set the cooking time indicated by the package or the cooking point that you like.
- * The more water there is in the glass, less will paste the paste. If we did it in a pan, the ideal would be Up to 1 liter of water for every 100gr of pasta, so I would never divide the amount of water.
- After cooking the pasta, drain but do not pour water on the pasta to cool. Mix with the hot sauce and serve on the table. You should only cool the pasta if it is to be taken cold or in salad.
- To preserve pasta after cooking you must drain it very well (especially if they are tubes that can contain water inside), add a jet of oil or butter and stir it so that it is impregnated, put it in an airtight tupper and store once cold in the refrigerator until consumption .
- The maximum amount of pasta you can cook in your thermomix is about 500gr approximately.
- Salt should never be added to cold water since it makes it take longer for the water to boil. Delays the heating process. It is also better to have the glass covered with the beaker so as not to lose heat.
- To flavor pasta You can take advantage of cooking and add bay leaves, basil or other aromatic herbs ... this is done especially if you are not going to use sauces or want to enhance some flavor.
Notes: Pasta is suitable for all people except celiac or gluten intolerant, although we can see in the market rice pasta. If they are egg pasta, those allergic to this product cannot consume them either. Diabetics can take them in adequate amounts and with al dente cooking, without excesses in terms of amounts and being able to be accompanied by vegetables which will make their glycemic index even lower.
Pasta is indicated in stages of growth, elderly people, athletes, people with heart problems (without salt), hypertensive (without salt), convalescents, people with high cholesterol levels (pasta provides very little fat).