How delicious this paella rice. Those who know say that in the paella you never put onions. They also say that the paella - that utensil where this rich rice is prepared - has to be hot before putting the oil so that it expands and the result is not oily. As the bottom of the paellas is not flat, she marks the amount of olive oil needed for our sofrito. Is a rice prepared in extension and not high as in the cakes.
The paellas are designed to prepare in the fire in the countryside. You can find the "paella" version for ceramic hob or induction, but it is not the same. The paella has to have that texture of the burned and made beans in the background, the perfect beans in the center and harder on the surface, so before serving you must mix everything, it will be perfect ...
Come on it's Sunday !!! I hope the Valencians are not very hard on me. It is made with all the love.
- For the fumet:
- 50 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 500 gr of rice prawn separated bodies and skins
- 1 liter of water
- For the rest:
- 1 kilo of mussels
- a stream of white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole garlic
- 1 chopped green pepper
- ½ chopped and boneless chicken
- 1 diced tomato
- 300 gr of sepia or squid rings
- Rice to taste
- Twice the fumet liquid than rice and a little more.
- We prepare the fumet: put the oil, shrimp heads and skins in the glass and saute 8 minutes, varoma, speed 1.
- Add 1 liter of water and program 8 minutes, varoma, speed 1.
- Crush the mixture for 15 seconds at speed 5. Go to a bowl, helping you with a coarse mesh drainer first and then another fine mesh so that the shrimp broth is clean. If you have frozen shrimp like me and there are no skins for the fumet, you can use the mussels broth. Cook the mussels in a pan with water and a stream of Ribeiro white wine and when they open, strain and reserve.
- In the hot paella, pour the oil and let it expand To not overdo it. Pour the whole garlic and when are golden remove (optional).
- Pour the green pepper and fry, when you are more or less ready, put it on one side of the paella and on the other side go brown the chicken -With changing color it will be enough-, remove it when ready and reserve. Leave the pepper there.
- Add the chopped tomato Y sepia or squid and cook until it evaporate all the water Let go
- Add the rice and saute for a few minutes, so it will be more loose.
- Add the chicken and cover with the hot fumet -Remember that it will be twice the amount of rice- and do not forget put the roasted saffron * that gives flavor and color. Try how you are from salt and rectify if required.
- Simmer 10 minutes, then lower the heat, put the peeled prawns and the mussels and cook another 8-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat, cover with a cloth and let stand before serving about 5 minutes.
- Remember that before serving you must mix the paella so that the grains are mixed of rice, from the most made to the least made: D.
- Paella is consumed at the moment. It's like it's richer. It can be saved but when you reheat it will not be the same.
- If you throw the chicken already chopped and boneless, it will be much more comfortable to eat it.
- Use rice for paella, better round grain and redo it well so that it is more loose.
- If you want to commit the sacrilege of putting onions, it should go just before the rice, so that it does not burn.
- The usual thing is to put some 50 gr of rice per person. It depends on how big you are.
- Saffron It looks great if you toast it. Put a few strands in a piece of folded albal, with a lighter give it heat, and when it smokes it will be ready - a couple of seconds.
- The paella is filled to the rivets of the handles. That is the mark of the limit to which it must be filled.