I don't remember a rainy and stormy night like this. It has been tremendous what has fallen and we have not been able to keep an eye.
I have lived in this house for 10 years, it is a duplex and the top part is under cover. The tiles are slate, the wooden roof ... When we arrived, we had a construction problem and the first years there were leaks, so despite being all solved, I continue with my obsession. If it rains as much as it did last night, I just think and cross my fingers so that no problem appears and I go through the rooms on the top floor thoroughly, to see that everything is fine.
In the tiny little terrace we have, I have an awning that I take in winter so that the clothes do not get wet ... yesterday it looked like a sail hoisted about to fly. It was a gale, I can assure you. I was suffering seeing that I could break the fabric or split the structure at any time. Javi and I were behind the glass door of the living room and he told me "do not even think about it".
I think I was about 30 seconds out, at most a minute, I don't think it was more…. I went out like a sailor trying to save his ship, and zas… small rocks fell, my plants flew. I did not care, I gave cane to my arms and did not stop turning the handle until the awning was collected. I was dripping, wet from top to bottom as if out of the shower ... Towel, change pajamas and continue to wake up in bed with fingers crossed. Please do not break the velux glass ...
And the morning woke up nicer. And I could sit down for breakfast this recipe that I prepared yesterday but I could not photograph until now. Delicious cookies with that touch of hazelnut that makes them different. So rich or more than our"American cookies" which are also luxurious and we gave as a gift in these beautiful boats this spring in the1st VC Meeting: “Cookie cans to give away”: D.
I leave you with the recipe. It has already happened and I have no stress. Happy weekend.
- 100 gr hazelnuts
- 330 gr of wheat flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 220 g butter in ointment (at room temperature)
- 110 gr of brown sugar
- 110 gr of white sugar
- a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 medium eggs
- 170gr of chocolate pearls
- Chop the hazelnut in the glass by programming 10 seconds in speed 5-10. We are interested that it is very fine.
- Add the flour, salt and yeast and mix 10 seconds in speed 5-10.
- Add the butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs and mix all 20 seconds in speed 5. Help yourself with your thermomix® spatula so that the ingredients are integrated. Do not worry that now we are going to take it out to a bowl and we will just mix it with the chocolate.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the chocolate chips. I like to put my hand in the dough and mix everything so that the nuggets are spread and I keep a little to put them on top just before baking.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C with heat up and down or with fan function. Form balls, put them on baking paper in the tray or grilles and bake for about 12 minutes. Wait for them to cool before tasting. Ready