This was one of the first recipes of VC In the new stage with the image you now know, the Banoffee cake with Thermomix. With the passage of time we have improved it and we have taken a new photo, so today we update it knowing that it is perfect and that you will sweeten many meals. With it we premiered the name of this blog, as time passes ...
“I present the Banoffee, a simple cake, very rich and unfortunately caloric; D. It is made with biscuit, banana, dulce de leche and cream. It was my sister who told me about her. It is one of the favorites of the clients of the restaurant where he worked ”.
Well here we have this renovated classic. It is a practical recipe because it is a cake that is made in 15 minutes. You already know that this is a characteristic of the recipes that I love. I like the simmer on the weekends, but I get the practical and quick recipes to get out of the way without sweating too much. This banoffee is made with a cookie base that we will bake for 5 minutes and the rest is to spread dulce de leche, put banana on top, another layer of dulce de leche and some whipped cream. It has no science but it goes well.
An advice: buy caramel "baker", I use Chimbote® brand “confectioner's” sweet milk, which is a little denser so that it is better in the cake. On the street count Duke Madrid there is a small store of Argentines and they sell it in boats of 900 gr. I haven't found it in other stores in the neighborhood ... now it's your turn to look for you: D
Tell us in the comments where you buy the dulce de leche, so we help each other find these products. Kisses to everyone.
- For the cookie base:
- 210 gr of Digestive biscuits, Maria or similar (1 roll).
- 150 gr of butter at room temperature
- 50 gr ground almonds
- For the cake:
- 400 gr of Dulce de Leche "pastry chef"
- 3 sliced ripe bananas
- 250-300 gr of whipping cream with 35.1% fat
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Kitchen tools:
- Detachable mold 24-26cm in diameter
- Spoon to stretch the dulce de leche or a spatula
- First we prepare the base of the cake. Put the ingredients in the thermomix glass: cookies, soft butter and almonds and chop 15 seconds at speed 5. Transfer the cookies to a mold and without crushing a lot, cover the base. Bake 5 minutes at 180 ° C, withdraw and reserve. Let temper.
- When the base is at room temperature put a first layer of dulce de leche -If the base is very hot, it will melt and we are not interested.
- Place the sliced bananas on top of the dulce de leche.
- Cover the bananas with sweeter milk.
- Put the cream with the sugar: Put the butterfly on the blades, add the sugar and then the whipping cream It must be very cold. Without programming time, set the thermomix to speed 3 and a half. When the thermomix changes its noise you will see that the cream is riding. Be careful not to overdo it and make butter. When ready pour it on the cake and with a spoon make peaks. Garnish with cocoa, chocolate noodles or dulce de leche lowered with a little water to make it easier to make threads on the cream. Let cool for a while in the fridge So that it is cool and ready.
- You can decorate as I have done with cocoa and chocolate or put on top of sweet milk threads.
- To make the cream more consistent you can add a tablespoon of cheese spread, in addition to giving consistency it will last longer the cream.
-If the bananas are very green, skip them in the pan With a little sugar.
-Change the cookie base for biscuits, muffins, muffins, etc.
-This cake is preserved 2 days in the fridge and does not admit freezing.